Pages

Friday 18 February 2011

My Dads Birthday Card



Its my Dad's birthday on Sunday, so I've made him a card.

He enjoys lawn bowls and goes most days and is getting quite good at it. So I decided to make him a card with something to do with it on. Whilst looking for a image or stamp I came across this digi stamp on Craft u Print. Its by a designer called Gordon Fraser he has some really fun images.

Anyway Dads card is 8x8 card, I seem to be having a bit of a liking for this size at the moment. I have attempted to draw a bowls ball on the front (not my best attempt!) and coloured in with Promarkers. I have shaded the card in green eyeshaddow as it leaves a soft sheen.

The man is coloured in with Promarkers and if I do say so myself - I LOVE my shading! I can't tell you what colours I used cause me being me I can't remember!

The word Dad was cut out using my Silhouette. And I'm really proud cause I couldn't workout how to get the words going downward - but after a lot of help on UK Scrappers site and pressing a lot of buttons I did it!

Anyway "Happy Birthday Dad"

Love Clairebears x

2 comments:

  1. This is great card, and you CAN be proud of it. You sound like me, kick off with great intensions then forget to right stuff down and forget what you used lol.I go into panic mode when posting, like I'm going to run out of time,by the time Im finished I need a coffee and a lie down to get over it.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking one of my illustrations me dear! Lawn Bowls Dude is a bit of an oldie now but hes served me well at CUP!

    All the best, Gordon Fraser

    ReplyDelete